NOTE TO APPLICANTS: The closing date has been extended from 10/18/21 to 10/25/21.Learn more about this agency
The Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board (FRTIB) is looking for a highly qualified and motivated individual to serve as a Congressional Affairs Liaison.
This Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA) may be used to fill other Congressional Affairs Liaison, GS-0301-14 positions within the FRTIB in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
The major duties of the position are:
- - Serves as the primary point of contact with selected members of the U.S. Congress and their staffs, and with Agency oversight committees, for the purpose of gaining their acceptance of legislation proposed by the FRTIB and assessing their interests in and attitudes towards these legislative requests.
- - Proactively leads, initiates, and cultivates productive working relationships with Congress and congressional staff to share information of interest, support a continuing dialogue and provide active insight into ongoing and planned FRTIB/TSP activities.
- - Works with the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee and the House Committee on Oversight and Reform.
- - Displays expert interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills with superior ability to interact with members of Congress and with senior FRTIB staff.
- - Leads briefings to Congress; assists in the identification, review, evaluation, and development of information to be presented; and anticipates congressional reactions to FRTIB briefings and testimony.
- - Keeps Office Director and Agency senior leadership fully informed of Congressional reactions to FRTIB proposals and activities.
- - Creates expert written communications to tactfully convey complex information and ideas to members of Congress, congressional committees, and their staffs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position; primarily for conferences or training.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616773000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.