This position is located with the Livestock and Poultry Program, Quality Assessment Division, Grading Services Branch, and is responsible for developing, implementing, and administering programs for the grading, certification, and inspection of QAD commodities. You will be responsible for all phases of grading, inspection, and certification activities, including those involving complex or borderline issues, for the assigned commodity.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides technical guidance to others in the performance of difficult inspections and grade determinations.
- Maintains hands-on understanding of emerging technology and explains to graders how the technology works in relation to grading services.
- Makes determinations for all situations including those involving borderline characteristics; prepares and issues certificates and memorandums, as appropriate.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of reports and records related to work such as plant production data, grading results, certificates, grading dashboards, etc.
- Assists the regional director, supervisor, or designee in conducting interviews for hiring new employees.
- Examines meat to evaluate the sex, texture, marbling, maturity, color, ribeye size, fat thickness, and other factors relating to product quality and/or yield grade.
76% or greater - 76% or greater, the job may require 76% or more travel.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616666700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.