In this position, you will serve as an Agricultural Commodity Grader, Training Officer, who trains within a designated Region. You will be responsible for planning, developing and providing training in grading and inspecting fruits, vegetables and related products, and in workplace safety.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Instructs graders, technicians, and aids regarding proper inspection, grading, auditing procedures, techniques, defect identification, defect scoring, and documentation of inspection results.
- Completes and maintains proper training records.
- Collects and analyzes information from Agricultural Commodity Graders to identify areas to be addressed to ensure uniform and accurate training, and the effective delivery of services.
- Uses knowledge of day-to-day operations, including grading of fruits and vegetables; and knowledge in training principles and practices, training, formal classroom instruction and adult learning.
- Assists the Training and Development Branch in providing training to Division employees and/or other customers.
- Works to ensure consistent and uniform interpretation and application of grade standards and inspection procedures.
76% or greater - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616629300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.