THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: Theater Aviation Sustainment Maintenance Group (TASMG), Groton, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
This position is located within TASMG Projects and may be extended or terminated at the discretion of the TASMG Commander.
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to pilot a variety of aircraft in support of the AASF or AVCRAD logistical and operations missions.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Pilots a variety of fixed wing twin engine airplanes and utility helicopters to transport passengers and cargo to and from a variety of points.
- Performs maintenance operation checks (MOCs) and limited and general test flights of aircraft to ensure airworthiness upon completion of extensive disassembly for maintenance, repair or replacement of components or aircraft systems.
- Operates aircraft with short takeoff and landing capability, generally in good or fair weather conditions, but may include all types of weather, day and night over terrain such as forests, marshlands, mountain ranges, and open seas.
- Performs general or limited test flights of aircraft when ground diagnostic tests cannot determine the safe and/or proper functioning of aircraft components or systems.
- Participates in all-weather search and rescue operations as required.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616606200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.