The auditor will work within the Office of the Inspector General, Office of Audits, which conducts a wide variety of agency performance and financial-related audits, including internal and external programs administered by OPM. Some of the audits include Federal employee benefit programs (e.g., FEHB, FEDVIP, FSAFEDS, FLTCIP, FEGLI, etc.), Retirement Program, and Financial Statement audits of the various OPM-administered funds as required by the Chief Financial Officers Act of 1990.Learn more about this agency
- Assist higher level auditors in determining areas of high risk to be focused on during the audit.
- Assist in the development of audit steps and the overall audit program.
- Assist in discussing the results of the reviews and any potential recommendations with higher level auditor, management, and contractor personnel.
- Participate with other team members, providing updates on the status of audit assignments, sharing information, and identifying requisite revisions to the program and/or annual team goals.
- Maintain professional manner and working relationships with team members, contractor, and other government personnel.
- Prepare work papers/reports to document work performed including audit objectives and related conclusions, deficiencies, and recommendations for corrective action.
- Assist in audits of contractor organizations, OPM programs, activities, or functions to assess whether the activity is adhering to prescribed regulations, contract provisions, policies, and procedures by obtaining evidence through various methods.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616586000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.