This position is located in the U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
This position is inside the bargaining unit.
THIS IS NOT A LAW ENFORCEMENT POSITION!!! This position handles complaints received for the Whistleblower Protection Program handled by OSHA.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
At the GS-9 level, duties are performed with a higher level of supervision in a developmental capacity designed to prepare for the next grade level. At the GS-11 level, the assignments will become more difficult and complex, and with less supervision.
- Accepts allegations of discrimination or retaliatory behavior from complainants.
- Reviews and analyzes complaints to ensure the existence of a prima facie case and to determine if the complaint is appropriate for investigation.
- Conducts preliminary interviews to determine if the allegation constitutes an alleged violation or if it should be filed with another agency.
- Provides technical assistance and information to employers, employees, labor representatives, attorneys, and members of the general public regarding the Whistleblower statutes enforceable by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Makes determinations regarding merit cases and recommends, orally and in writing, appropriate case disposition to management.
- Assists the U.S. Department of Labor Office of the Solicitor in the preparation and development of Whistleblower cases for litigation.
- Testifies in the United States District Court as an official government witness and at administrative hearings conducted before U.S. Department of Labor Administrative Law Judges.
25% or less - May be required for office support, trainings or meetings.
12 - There is no obligation to provide future promotions if you are selected. Promotions are dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, meet all the performance requirements, and supervisor’s recommendation to the next grade.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616463700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.