You will serve as a Security Specialist in the Office of Protective Services, Personnel Security Division, at NASA Headquarters, Washington, D.C. The focus of this position will be the processing of all Sensitive Compartmented Informtion (SCI) personnel requiring access.Learn more about this agency
- Reviews, evaluates and resolves highly complex and sensitive issues related to personnel security investigations of Agency personnel.
- Prepares case summaries at the conclusions of personnel investigative evaluations and prepares appropriate letters/correspondence.
- Advises senior management on final disposition and documents the results in personnel security determinations and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) applicants.
- Utilizes and maintains various computer applications, personnel security systems and databases.
- Determines the adequacy and completeness of investigations and evaluates the authenticity, veracity, and pertinence of the data presented for the adjudication process as it relates to SCI applicants and processing.
- Responsible for processing all requests for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access, maintains SCI access list, and certifies clearance/access in response to inquiries.
- Processes all SCI paperwork and forms for all NASA employees and contractors requiring SCI access.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616454900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.