THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST (T32), Position Description Number D1818000and is part of the AL 187TH Fighter Wing, National Guard.
ORGANIZATION: 187TH MAI GP, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: CMSGT J. TADLOCK
(1) Serves as the Office of Primary Responsibility (OPR) for wing maintenance policy, advising supervisors and employees on both general policy and specific maintenance matters. Makes decisions and recommendations on technical concerns presented by supervisors. Utilizes a comprehensive knowledge and ability to interpret Air Force Instructions, Technical Orders, engineering drawings, product specifications, Air Force Occupational and Health (AFOSH) and environmental standards, public law, and locally developed policy. Evaluates and assesses complex systems, subsystems, integrated systems/subsystems, or components for conformance to applicable technical data, engineering drawings, standards and specifications.
(2) Maintenance Standardization Evaluation Program (MSEP): Administers, evaluates, and coordinates a comprehensive quality assurance, maintenance standardization, and inspection program for all areas of the maintenance organization, all maintenance disciplines, job series and Air Force Specialty Codes (AFSCs). Evaluates the quality of maintenance accomplished in the maintenance organization and performs the necessary quality functions to execute the MSEP, designed to provide management an objective sampling of both the quality of equipment and the proficiency of maintenance personnel. Ensures the maintenance organization meets its responsibility for air-worthy aircraft and component quality for a broad and complex production workload, e.g., highly advanced aircraft, aircraft systems, avionics systems, electronic equipment, aircraft structures, composites, life safety systems, armament, munitions, and other areas of similar complexity. Participates in a review of the organization's quality plans, procedures and practices to assure adequacy and compliance to local and higher-level directives.
(3) Utilizes data collection techniques and procedures for evaluation, inspection, and audit programs, evaluates the results and determines the appropriate and effective method and format for presentation to higher-level management. Performs statistical analysis (e.g. normal distribution, averages, means, standard deviations, trending, root cause analysis, etc.) using standard statistical quality control methods. Utilizes inspection and evaluation techniques, statistical methods, mathematics, production management, industrial management, and database management skills to perform root cause, deficiency and trend analysis. Utilizes these analyses to validate and update Acceptable Quality Levels (AQLs), frequency changes to Routine Inspection Lists (RILs), and recommendations for corrective maintenance practice action. Manages an array of related databases and spreadsheets to capture and catalog data elements for trending, cross-tell, and benchmarking.
(4) Collaborates with the Maintenance Group Commander, Maintenance Squadron Commanders, and Quality Assurance Supervisor to plan, develop, implement, inspect, and report numerous critical compliance issues and review the Configuration Management (CM) programs. Manages the Wing Foreign Object Damage and Dropped Object Prevention Program (DOPP) to ensure a sound prevention program is in place to eliminate potential life safety hazards.
(5) Serves as the Aircraft Weight and Balance program manager utilizing complex computer based programs, data bases, electronic weighing apparatus, and integrated weight and balance computers for the Wing to maintain strict accounting of aircraft weight and balance for safe flight operations. Recommends decertification of configuration loads that exceed the safe for flight envelope or ground gross weight restrictions. Manages the unit aircraft and equipment impoundment program by thorough investigation of aircraft or equipment anomalies that generated the impoundment. Manages the unit chaffing program.
(6) Reviews wing depot-level assistance requests developed in accordance with tech orders. Reviews for adequacy and submits engineering disposition requests to the System Program Office (SPO). Serves as the unit point of contact regarding all engineering disposition requests. Ensures all authorized technical data variances are submitted to Plans & Scheduling for inclusion in the aircraft/equipment historical records. Coordinates and works with the engineering functions at the ALC and Air Force Material Command (AFMC) to insure quality assurance plans interface.
(13) Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE CONTACT HRO FOR A FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616412500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.