Serve as a Human Resources Officer in the Human Resources Office, Office of the Director of SSS. You will serve as senior advisor providing comprehensive human resources services to all installations and programs. Services provided include strategic planning, organizational design, recruiting, staffing, classification, employee relations, labor relations, EEO, injury compensation, employee assistance programs, and training.Learn more about this agency
As a Human Resources Officer at the GS-0201-14 level, some of your typical work assignments may include under supervision:
- Supervisory responsibilities including, but not limited to providing direction, coordination, and oversight work of subordinate human resources professionals.
- Serves as the Chief Human Capital Officer for the Selective Service System.
- Principal human resources administrator and advisor in managing the full range of human resources policies.
- Provide immediate and long-range, systematic human resources planning in support of the mission, goals and objectives.
- Oversees the administration of a comprehensive human resources management program for civilian and military employees, including human capital management activities, development of policies and procedures to implement federal human resources requirements, personnel and payroll operations, and the use of automated systems to facilitate program management.
- Serves as a partner and consultant to management in all aspects of human capital/human resource delivery.
- Oversees the development of human capital management planning and implementing documents to support the mission and strategic goals of the Agency. This includes human capital management planning, workforce planning, human capital accountability system development and deployment, succession planning, leadership development, full time employee count, etc.
- Directs the position management and classification program for the Agency, including the review and analysis of proposals for reorganization. Ensures that positions are in accordance to Office of Personnel Management (OPM) standards and that organizations are designed for maximum utilization of staff.
- Directs the Agency's Personnel Security Program, with authority to grant local access clearances through the Top-Secret level.
- Directs the Agency staffing and recruitment program for all positions.
- Oversees the Agency's civilian training program, assures compliance with regulation, and ensures that programs meet Agency needs with respect to mission accomplishment.
- Administers the Agency's Employee Relations Program, assuring compliance with all regulatory requirements; developing strategies for management of employee relations situations; and advising managers and supervisors of their responsibilities and of program requirements.
- Provides technical support for the Agency Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Program, including development of policy and procedures.
- Directs the Agency's program in Performance Management, including incentive awards, and performance appraisals, assuring compliance with regulation; fairness and equity; and maximum flexibility.
- Oversees programs designed for employee fitness and wellness and moral enhancement designed to address employee satisfaction, including the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and special observances and programs.
- Administers programs for management of the Agency's active and Reserve military officers representing all military services. Assures appropriate liaison with parent services and the Department of Defense and that applicable regulations are met and integrated with Selective Service requirements and goals.
- Plans, directs complex HR management programs designed to meet the needs of a wide variety of activities in accomplishing their often unique and complex missions through fair, efficient and economical use of employees.
- Provides authoritative advice, guidance and direction to top-level management and key operating officials on HR strategies, programs, regulations and practices.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616383200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.