Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Barstow Field Office in Barstow, CA. Information about the area can be found at www.barstowca.org
We expect to fill one vacancy at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
- Serves as the Field Manager for the Barstow Field Office. Responsible for overall program direction, execution, and review of all activities within the Field Office.
- Interprets Departmental and Bureau policy and directives as they affect Field Office planning and programs.
- Coordinates land and resource planning and management with representatives of other agencies, Tribal, Federal, State, and local governments, the general public, and with private landholders.
- Develops, implements, and manages a program of conservation and management of land and resource programs including long- and short-term planning.
- Directs administrative activities in support of operational programs entailing a responsibility for ensuring a sound organization of the most effective and efficient utilization of personnel, equipment, material, and financial records.
- Responsible for the technical and administrative supervision of a large and complex staff.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating a broad array of complex resource management programs requiring intensive multiple-use management and protection of a variety of resources.
- Manages energy and mineral programs including renewable energy and oil and gas; designated wilderness; range management; realty; and wildlife habitat.
- Manages outdoor recreation programs; archeological and paleontological; soil, water, and air; fire pre-suppression and suppression; off-road vehicle use; and program and support services.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616379700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.