Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to advise and coordinate protocol requirements associated with a variety of complex, special activities/events for Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB) and its tenant organizations and transient units visiting WPAFB.
This developmental position GS-09 target 12 may be filled at any grade level.
- Duties at the GS-09 and GS-11 level will be performed in a developmental capacity.
- GS-09: Performs developmental assignments. Performs moderately difficult and complex assignments consisting of well precedented tasks to further orient the employee in the application of occupational principles, methods, and techniques.
- GS-09: Performs recurring assignments. Independently performs work assignments which gradually increase in difficulty and complexity.
- GS-09: Carries out special projects and participates in special initiatives and studies.
- GS-09: Prepares written correspondence and other documentation.
- GS-11: Formulates, plans, manages, and directs major events in support of official functions such as: changes of command; conferences; executive level meetings; retirements; promotions; commander?s calls, etc.
- GS-11: Plans, manages, schedules, and executes official events such as retirements, military medal presentations, and special acts and awards programs presided over by activity directors.
- GS-11: Advises, manages, and assists in a variety of special visits, tours, meetings, ceremonies, banquets, and other events hosted by organizational units assigned to WPAFB and their subordinate organizational units and civilian agencies.
- GS-11: Update General Officer and Senior Executive Service listings for Wright-Patterson Protocol.
- GS-12: Assist with implementing policies and procedures for Protocol.
- GS-12: Upon notification of impending visits, plans and establishes the programming for the visit to assure that WPAFB status and prestige are maintained and enhanced.
- GS-12: Attends functions and monitors activities in support of the Protocol Office and briefs senior leaders and staff on special functions/events, providing written materials as required on items to be requested and approved.
- GS-12: Plans, manages, and schedules special award ceremonies such as retirements, decorations, and special acts/suggestion awards presided over by the Commander or subordinate organizational units.
- GS-12: Working knowledge of pertinent budgeting and accounting practices to project, monitor and document expenditures.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616362000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.