This position is a Supervisory Fish Biologist, GS- 0482-12 working in Reno, NV for the R8-Lahontan National Fish Hatchery Complex.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Fish Biologist your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct biological surveys on complex systems for the reintroduction, conservation, and enhancement of listed fish populations and associated sport harvest opportunities, and to determine status and trends of native or invasive aquatic species.
- Prepare and implement Fish Management Plans incorporating state of the art fish management techniques to meet short- and long-range conservation objectives.
- Work cooperatively to identify priority projects, determine objectives, and develop study procedures to achieve multi-agency fishery management goals.
- Oversee and guide the work of biologists and biological science technicians necessary for the completion of fishery assessment activities.
- Evaluate results of fish management activities and present talks and reports to professional groups, other agencies, and the general public to inform on fishery resource activities.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616353800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.