About the Position: This position serves as the Health Physicist, providing technical direction review support, and in representing the office in health physics, radiation protection safety, and radiation risk assessment matters.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at: United States Army Engineer District, Buffalo, Technical Services Division, Environmental Branch, Environmental Health Section Buffalo, New York 14207.
- Provide biological, toxicological, and health information support to an organization in carrying out radiation risk assessments for specific Hazardous, Toxic and Radioactive Waste (HTRW) sites.
- Comply with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures and performs work that enhances the safety and security of the work environment.
- Interpret and supplement health physics/radiation safety policy/standards and apply federally mandated standards and national consensus standards in establishing safety policy and programs.
- Analyze accidents to identify causes and recommend corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Plan, organize, and conduct or direct surveys of radiation areas within customers organizations to include field measurements, wipe tests, and laboratory analysis.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616318900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.