About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Serve as Executive Assistant to the US European Command (USEUCOM) Command Group/Strategic Affairs Group (ECCC/SAG) attached to the Office of the Strategic and International Affairs Advisor (SIA) Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE). The SIA consists of a 3-star equivalent U.S. NATO civilian, a U.S. Department of State Minister Counselor, and a UK Ministry of Defense Civilian; four Special Advisors to Supreme Allied Commander Europe (SACEUR).
- Analyze and evaluate issues that are typically diverse in nature and usually highly sensitive in nature, requiring input from the Command Staff and other elements.
- The nature of the office mission, the defined responsibilities of the overall organizational goals and objectives results in projects and actions of a highly complex nature.
- Responsible for managing the operational schedule of the Strategic Affairs Group (SAG)/SIAG Office.
- Develop and maintain the Strategic Affairs Group (SAG), and staffs, long range planning calendar.
- Plan, schedule, and direct arrangements for activities hosted by the staff.
- Ensure the most efficient and effective support is provided to the staff in the execution of their responsibilities.
- Coordinate, track, and provide guidance to the Protocol Office on protocol matters relating to official and social national/international VIP visits and the Department of State visitors to the Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE).
- Security Manager, Telephone Control Officer, COMSEC Custodian, Work Group Administrator, OPSEC Officer for the staff office and Time and Attendance keeper.
- Ensure all necessary travel arrangements are made for air/ground transportation and accommodations, office calls, briefings and socials (using knowledge of host nation, customs, laws, government and local surroundings when required).
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty (TDY) Travel is up to 5 %.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616107800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.