You will serve as Deputy Director, Naval Center for Space Technology within NAVAL RESEARCH LABORATORY.Learn more about this agency
- Please see the 'qualifications' section for additional for a description of the position.
- You will direct and plan the technical and administrative functions of the Center.
- You will act with the authority of the Director in assigned areas, and exercises limited powers of an absent Director.
- You will work closely with the Director in planning and directing the administration of the Center.
- You will assist the Director in the strategic planning and operations of scientific programs in support of Navy and NRL objectives and in the formulation of necessary policies to carry out such programs.
- You will provide strategic and technical guidance to Center programs by reviewing the progress of the Divisions and participating in decisions concerning the technical adequacy of the programs.
- You will review technical output of the programs to assure consonance with objectives and policies and to ensure satisfaction of sponsor requirements.
- You will organize and conduct program reviews when appropriate for internal and external sponsors and Laboratory management.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616038800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.