THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a INFORMATION SECURITY SPECIALIST (T32), Position Description Number D1657P01and is part of the AL 187TH Fighter Wing, National Guard.
ORGANIZATION: 187TH FW, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: LT COL R. STIMPSON
(1) Implements policies and procedures required to manage sensitive compartmented information (SCI) programs and to protect SCI resources. Functions as a technical specialist on all SCI security matters as well as other areas of classified security and classification guidance. Duties require incumbent to maintain currency on a variety of different security program interrelationships, requirements, regulations and guidance in order to apply this knowledge to protect SCI facilities and materials from espionage, sabotage, and destruction.
(2) Implements policies and procedures for accomplishment of SCI protection and security. Researches, interprets, analyzes and applies Presidential Executive Orders, Director Central Intelligence Directives (DCIDs), Defense Intelligence Agency Manuals, DoD Manuals, Air Force Manuals, Air Force Instructions, and local Operating Instructions.
(3) Controls all collateral and SCI classified information and material within the Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs) affecting the Unit's mission. Ensures SCIFs comply with all applicable construction and physical requirements, standards, and regulations as delineated by higher headquarters.
(4) Implements the SCI security clearance program for all assigned personnel, ensuring all required clearances are up-to-date and completed. Tracks and administers SCI clearances for all in-processing personnel to ensure mission readiness. Terminates or transfers SCI clearances for out-processing personnel. Provides SSO services for other units located within the same geographic area. Incumbent meets with key customers to assess customer satisfaction and resolve problems that arise. Ensures that subordinates provide customer guidance and training.
(5) Provides oversight of unit and SSO security self-inspections and presents detailed and comprehensive reports with corrective action taken to the unit intelligence commander/SIO. Follows-up to ensure complete and quality resolution of discrepancies. Assesses and revises policies and procedures to improve their quality, timeliness, and efficiency.
(6) Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616030800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.