The National Indian Gaming Commission's primary mission is to work within the framework created by the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act (IGRA) for the regulation of gaming activities conducted by tribes on Indian lands to fully realize IGRA's goals: (1) promoting tribal economic development, self-sufficiency and strong tribal governments; (2) maintaining the integrity of the Indian gaming industry; and (3) ensuring that tribes are the primary beneficiaries of their gaming activities.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an IT specialist with the National Indian Gaming Commissions (NIGC) Technology Division within the Office of the Chief of Staff (OCOS), located in Washington, DC. The position reports directly to the IT Manager. This position is responsible for support of all technical operations of NIGC offices, collocation sites and server rooms throughout the United States. This includes responsibility for the NIGC Public or private cloud, datacenter or hybrid architecture; applications, database, servers and networking design, planning, upgrades, project planning, security, designing and administration of systems with minimum daily direction from the IT Manager or as directly communicated by the Chief Information Officer when the IT Manager is not present. This includes advising senior Technology Division Leadership on technological advances that can assist technical guidance on regulation rules for Indian Gaming.
Major duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the technical operations of the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) cloud, hybrid, remote offices and collocation information technology systems. This includes current, proposed and future technologies implemented for the agency. Support for NIGC systems is not restricted to any specific platform, service, network or specialty. The IT Specialist must provide support for all NIGC technical systems.
- Keeps abreast of current technological advances and technologies which includes certifications on relevant technologies in use by the agency. The IT Specialist is responsible for daily Helpdesk and end-user staff technical support for all platforms (e.g. servers, networking, databases, security, laptops, mobile devices, printers, cable management, technical moves, additions and technical changes).
- Works with the IT Manager and Chief Information Officer on cost-saving measures to reduce NIGC information technology costs for infrastructure management, application governance and application, networking infrastructure management, IT security, end- user support and infrastructure automation.
- Responsible for self-management of all assigned duties and Helpdesk tickets directed for completion by the IT Manager. IT Specialists must respond to all recently submitted issues within 24 hours of initial helpdesk contact by NIGC staff. Emergency and critical issues must be responded to within the same day of issue submission and request.
- Completes diagrams and documentation of all technical systems, manages password, two-factor and various forms of multi-factor authentication in a secure manner to reduce the possibility of an internal or external cyber security threats to the NIGC infrastructure. Performs daily routine checks on all technical systems to include monitoring systems for outages, technical complications, security threats or normal operations for networking, servers, storage, backups (all platforms), cloud, internal systems, phones and applications.
- Required to obtain and maintain updated training and certification on NIGC technologies key to the mission critical IT operations and technical expert level support for the agency within 12 months of platform implementation.
This position is in the excepted service and not subject to competitive service procedures. Competitive Civil Service status is not acquired under this appointment. New appointees to the excepted service must serve a two year trial period. Merit Promotion procedures do not apply.
The NIGC has determined that the duties of this position suitable for telework with supervisor's approval.
Occasional travel - Limited travel is expected for this position, but may be required occasionally.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615912800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.