THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: 103d Maintenance Squadron (MXS), East Granby, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the CTANG.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the CTANG.
Area 3: Individuals eligible for membership in the CTANG. Membership must be satisfied within four (4) months of selection.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to perform organizational and intermediate level maintenance of munitions utilizing associated test and support equipment, as well as operate manual/automated documentation systems. Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on unguided munitions according to technical orders. Receives, stores, ships, inspects, inventories, and performs intermediate maintenance on assigned conventional munitions. Ensures implementation of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Military Munitions Rule.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Air National Guard recruiter at (860) 292-2502 before applying for this position.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Inspects, maintains, repairs, and reconditions conventional munitions, containers and munitions maintenancehandling equipment (MMHE).
- Links and repositions ammunition by operating electrical or manual machines and inspects for defects such asshort or long rounds, corrosion and dented cases, and removes unserviceable rounds.
- Performs electrical functional tests on munitions by utilizing appropriate test sets.
- Receives, issues, identifies, inspects and stores conventional munitions such as ammunition, starter cartridges, flares, fire extinguisher squibs, claymore mines and other explosive items.
- Operates Combat Ammunition System - Base (CAS B) in accordance with applicable regulations and manuals.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is done inside or outside in areas that may be hot, damp, cold, drafty, or poorly lighted. The incumbent is regularly exposed to the possibility of cuts, scrapes, bruises, abrasions, falls, and injury from falling stock. When working with munitions, may be subject to exposure to explosive hazards. Work may require wearing protective clothing such as hard hats, steel toed shoes, gloves, and other protective equipment.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: The incumbent is required to stand and work on hard surfaces for extended periods of time, and to bend, stoop, and work in tiring and sometimes uncomfortable positions. He/she may lift and carry items weighing up to 40 pounds. Heavier items are moved with weight handling equipment or with assistance from other workers.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615841600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.