The General Counsel is one of three statutory officers at the FEC and reports directly to the Commission. The Office of General Counsel (OGC) consists of five organizational units: (1) the Deputy General Counsel - Administration, (2) the Deputy General Counsel - Law, (3) the Enforcement Division, (4) the Litigation Division and (5) the Policy Division.Learn more about this agency
As a General Counsel, EX-0905-V, your work assignments include:
- Providing executive management and direction of all administrative and technical aspects of the FEC's legal programs, including strategic planning, administrative law, evaluation of statutory and judicial developments, decisions about precedent actions, and policy formulation that impact the entire range of federal campaign finance activities.
- Meeting with Senior Staff to set major agency-wide policy and review program achievements based on recommendations from staff, program managers, program administrators, task forces, and others.
- Developing, conceiving, planning, and implementing policies and programs within the Office of General Counsel.
- Managing resources, developing long-range plans and priorities, developing strategic operational goals, evaluating program effectiveness, and identifying opportunities for increasing process or program efficiency for the Office of General Counsel.
- Serving as legal counsel to the Commission, providing legal opinions, advice and guidance on agency operations and campaign finance law matters, including enforcement of the Federal Election Campaign Act and implementing regulations, rulemakings and the Administrative Procedure Act, advisory opinions, Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act, and employment law.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615591200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.