This position is located in the National Zoological Park (NZP), Smithsonian Institution (SI). The employee is responsible for performing a variety of duties that ensure the proper care, feeding, exhibition, and propagation of a collection of zoo animals
More than one selection may be made from this announcement.Learn more about this agency
- Provides for the daily care of Small Mammals in the collection.
- Actively participates in the training and enrichment programs for Small Mammals collection animals.
- Receives, inspects, stores, prepares, and issues food and dietary supplements, forage, and bedding materials;
- Monitors Small Mammals collection animals for symptoms of illness, injuries, or other unusual conditions; and reports observations.
- Connects with visitors regarding animal natural history, conservation programs, natural habitats, status in the wild, care and feeding ofSmall Mammals and other topics of interest.
- Assists professional and scientific personnel in carrying out studies of Small Mammals animal collections.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615490100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.