This position is being announced under FEMA's Incident Management Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (IM-CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply in selections of IM-CORE employees.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
The ideal candidate will have prior planning experience in an incident/emergency management environment managing offsite personnel.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as a member of the Office of Response and Recovery, Response Directorate, Planning Division. Typical assignments include:
- Reporting to the Federal Coordinating Officer (FCO) and/or Unified Coordination Group (UCG) responsible for the collection, evaluation, dissemination, and use of information about the incident and status of resources
- Managing the Baseline Planning staffing requirements for a Level 2 incident being managed geographically, with up to three branches and between two and four functional task forces and directs the actions of Planning Unit Leaders Transition Plan; Closeout Plan; Demobilization Plan when assigned to the Demobilization Unit; and other plans.
- Managing the development of assigned plans and the Incident Action Planning (IAP) process.
- Coordinating staffing needs with the operations leaders; relays requirements to the Cadre Manager, and contacts Unit Leaders to discuss the situation and determine minimum staffing and experience requirements.
- Facilitating inter-agency, cross functional, and intra-agency program coordination of strategic, operational, and tactical objectives and situational reporting for the incident.
76% or greater - IM-CORE employees are hired to work on temporary duty assignments in deployed positions anywhere that FEMA responds to a disaster declaration. FEMA has established 300 days per year as the targeted number of days of disaster duty assignments. IM-CORE employees are assigned to duty stations at their home address for pay purposes and for the location of their non-deployed work assignments, to include on-boarding related work assignments.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615409900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.