The position is located USAGM, Technology, Services & Innovation (TSI) in the Operations & Stations Division. The incumbent is responsible for providing oversight & direction of technical operations, maintenance, and administration of the Robert E. Kamosa (REK) station. The work consists of oversight and maintenance, to telecommunication & broadcasting technology along with supporting functions related to radio & satellites transmitters & similar telecommunication technology.Learn more about this agency
PLEASE NOTE: JOB ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN AMENDED TO CHANGE POSITION TITLE AND TO EXTEND THE CLOSING DATE.
Major Duties include, but are not limited to:
- The position serves as the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR), therefore, the incumbent will be responsible for guiding and directing the activities of an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) contractor and staff consisting of approximately 40 personnel who operate and maintain the station's broadcast equipment and facilities.
- The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that all plant equipment is operated in accordance with program/frequency schedules and standard operating procedures prescribed for the transmitting and facilities plants. (this includes troubleshooting, analyzing, and coordinating critical reports and addressing equipment malfunctions when they arise.
- Supervising and providing oversight to employees and contracts.
- The position is responsible for assessing, planning, and making determinations on special projects related to the station's maintenance, forecasting contractor and staffing needs, operational/maintenance reports, material and logistics program which includes budget forecasting and management.
- The position also serves as a director of compliance with reporting to stateside headquarters. This also includes providing advisement to the station manager and/or the Director of Operations.
- The position will also be responsible for interfacing with foreign officials, CNMI government, the local community and DOD components.
- The incumbent also serves as the Safety Officer, Fire Marshall and security officer.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615397300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.