This position is in Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance (OECA), Office of Civil Enforcement, Air Enforcement Division, Fuels Enforcement Branch.
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
About OECALearn more about this agency
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Review and evaluate alternative and sometimes conflicting engineering/scientific techniques of an advanced nature for their effectiveness and efficiency and suggest technical requirements necessary to support the advanced analytical objectives.
- Evaluate standards or criteria for adequacy in light of emerging scientific knowledge, technologies, and changing needs, and recommend new standards as appropriate.
- Direct extensive data and analysis surveys and reviews and evaluate related technical data, applying information received to update and revise the guidelines and standards or amend studies currently underway.
- Provide technical consultation to the enforcement officials, general counsel, regional offices, state officials, and Department of Justice (DOJ), serving as an authoritative source of scientific and technical expertise in the program area.
- Conduct inspections and investigations of regulated facilities for compliance with applicable regulations, permit, or other federal requirements, according to Agency policy and procedures.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses. NOTE: Career ladder promotions are not automatic, and all eligibility and qualifications requirements must be met in order to progress to the next grade level.
Occasional travel - You may be required to travel up to 25% of each month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615344500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.