Who may apply: This announcement is open to current, permanent DFAS employees in the competitive service, Eligible DoD PPP Military Spouse preference applicants and current DFAS VRA employees.Learn more about this agency
Position is located in the: Info & Tech Directorate, Assessment Analysis & Assignment, Portfolio Management (ZTFAC)
Applicants on Cleveland list may be considered for positions in Bratenahl.
- Provides expert financial management and systems, advisory and consultative services with regards to the planning, programming, and budgeting of defense business systems.
- Interprets higher level guidance; plan, assess, and analyze Department of Defense (DoD) business systems and migratory systems/subsystems.
- Develops milestones and plans to complete business management projects. Monitors/reviews progress.
- Assesses the integration of new technology and means of improving productivity/efficiency of IT systems. Prepares operating instructions for developing and facilitating systems interfaces.
- Ensures systems designs provide for the integrity of financial records and provide data and reporting capacities for preparation and submission of documentation required by the Federal Managers Financial Integrity Act for all assigned systems.
- Analyzes audit reports, management reports and other system indicators to develop areas for future systems redesign. Directs analysis of enterprise system accomplishment and resource utilization.
- Develops, interprets, and revises accounting and finance systems policies and procedures. Conducts independent studies of complex and diversified information, accounting, and/or financial systems or system components.
- Provides policy interpretations and functional recommendations on system structure.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615213400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.