Who may apply: All US Citizens.Learn more about this agency
Position is located in: INFO & TECHNOLOGY DIR OFFICE; CORPORATE SYSTEMS; DISBURSING SYSTEMS; MIDTIER SOFTWARE ENGINEERING; ZTEDA.
This job announcement may be used to fill similar positions on other teams in the I&T Directorate.
- Uses Project Management skills to support, plan, track, and update progress throughout the software development life cycle for both Waterfall and Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Participates in systems requirement reviews and systems crucial design reviews, and coordinates with customer/functional representatives and other technical personnel to clarify requirements.
- Identifies how system modifications or new systems or subsystems affect current systems; prepares cost analysis; establishes target completion dates; and prioritizes proposed system changes or developments.
- Coordinates with technical support personnel and customer representatives for software development implementation schedules and deployment to production.
- Prepares system documentation and recommendations for improving software development and configuration management processes in accordance with acceptable industry standards.
- Prepares system documentation to improve software development processes in accordance with industry standards and to support information assurance audits.
- Participates in critical design reviews to study and verify impacts on current systems.
- Analyzes functional and technical requirements of proposed or existing IT systems to determine avenues of development or modification necessary to meet mission objectives.
- Prepares system change specifications, identifying programming instructions, inputs and outputs, structures and other analytical products to document technical requirements.
- Establishes target completion dates, prepares design documents and participates in critical design reviews. Participates in test readiness reviews and briefs technical and non-technical staff.
- Performs duties as a member of one of the teams within the Corporate Systems Directorate.
- Uses Oracle PL/SQL to perform software development and to create, modify, and maintain software solutions. May also use additional programming languages such as Java, UNIX, PowerBuilder, or more.
- Analyzes functional and technical requirements of proposed or existing IT systems to effectively develop, modify, or enhance the system.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615121700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.