You will serve as an Engineer/Scientist in the Ranges, Engineering and Analysis Department of NAVUNSEAWARCENDIV NEWPORT RI. If selected, you will serve as the Deputy for the Test & Evaluation (T&E) and Navy Range Enterprise (NRE) Director.Learn more about this agency
ND-05 is equivalent to GS-14/15.
- You will be responsible for maintaining the Undersea Warfare Range Enterprise (USWRE) and integrating it into the Navy Range Enterprise (NRE).
- You will work collaboratively to communicate high-level requirements and issues, advise senior NAVSEA and OPNAV decision makers on technical strategy and emerging requirements, and develop recommendations for Navy-wide Test and Evaluation challenges.
- You will actively participate in the Warfare Center Test and Evaluation Director?s Forum, the Naval Range Enterprise Board, and other pertinent forums to maximize best practices, tools, and assets.
- You will lead the Center?s USWRE support efforts, including oversight for the yearly USWRE COI meetings, intermeeting coordination/collaboration, strategic initiatives, program interaction and communicating the goals and objectives of the group.
- You will serve as a mentor to junior practitioners in the department and advise senior department leadership on developmental opportunities for the workforce.
- You will formulate, define, and modify overall objectives and requirements for USW Range Technology.
- You will provide technical advice to top level Navy leadership and technical personnel, other agencies, and private organizations.
- You will coordinate the efforts of NAVSEA Test and Evaluation/USWRE/NRE stakeholders.
- You will communicate NAVSEA Test and Evaluation/USWRE/NRE priorities to the NUWC Newport Range Community, and develop written technical reports, papers and presentations of findings.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615083700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.