Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
We expect to fill many vacancies.
Note: These are not Law Enforcement positions.
This is a temporary appointment. Appointment to this position will not convey permanent status and will be for a period not-to-exceed 1039 hours in a service year.
- Park Rangers may assist in the performance of day-to-day operations at a visitor center or customer use area that provide facilities such as campgrounds, picnic areas, trails, and/or other specialized recreational opportunities.
- They may assist in ensuring facilities and customer use areas are free of visible safety hazards. They may ensure supervisor or higher graded employees are informed of required facility maintenance and/or repair.
- They may perform simple maintenance (e.g., litter removal, routine trail maintenance, toilet cleaning, replacing toilet paper, etc.). They may aid higher graded employees in ensuring protection of property from natural depredation.
- They often install and maintain various types of signage on public lands, such as off-road vehicle, wilderness, portal, boundary, directional road and trail, and interpretive signing.
- They may assist in ensuring that buildings and equipment are secure after hours of operation.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615082800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.