Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.Learn more about this agency
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Management & Prog Analyst/PD195390
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): Not Authorized
This is for 1 recruitment located at:: OPAL Front Office 810 Vermont Ave Ste 352 Washington, DC 20420
The purpose of this position is to serve as a Management and Program Analyst within the OPAL FO. The incumbent is responsible for executing prescribed budget and act as an SME human resource services liaison. Incumbent is essential to the efficient and effective operations of the OPAL FO and subordinate sub offices SAC, TAC, and NAC. The incumbent executes administrative internal controls, personnel management (staffing, classification, administrative policies, telework administration, performance
standards/evaluations and awards); management of the OPAL Front Office Director's organizational budget; oversight of OPAL FO personnel records; and oversight and budget approval of all OPAL FO's office supply purchases via Government Purchase Cards.
The incumbent reports directly to and coordinates all functions with Director of Front Office Operations (GS-15), who reports directly to the Deputy Executive Director, OALC (SES position). As such, the incumbent keeps their direct supervisor apprised of all budget and personnel issues, assists with work-related changes affecting OPAL FO operations, provides recommendations for possible improvements, and communicates timely all new or revised financial and/or administrative policies/regulations/procedures that could impact the organization.
- Serves as the OPAL FO HR expert and uses experience and knowledge of HR laws, regulations, policies, and procedures to provide expert advice and guidance to the OPAL FO and workforce management programs
- Responsible for overseeing the application and integration of manpower requirements, organizational structure, programming, allocation, and documentation processes for all manpower resources
- Monitors and evaluates manpower against budget data to baseline documents such as budget forecasts, full time equivalent (FTE) authorizations, and various human relations systems to ensure that execution of manpower authorizations and work years support balanced requirements and affordable manpower levels
- Formulates and coordinates programming and budget requirements for OPAL-wide programs which requires coordination of requirements and execution between the incumbent and OPAL staff, contractors, other Government agencies, other organizations within the VA, and HQs VA organizations.
- Provides justification for all facets of the OPAL FO budget and responds to queries from all levels of management
- Presents the budget to the DED, OALC and OPAL FO Director quarterly for awareness and to execute and update budget planning guidance as directed.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615061100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.