You will serve as the Cybersecurity Technical Director for both Afloat and Ashore Systems. Mission of the Technical Director for Cybersecurity Systems is to identify promising cybersecurity technologies, integrate them into an overall NAVSEA cybersecurity plan consistent with higher level cybersecurity guidance, apply resources toward maturing the best technologies, and capabilities and transition them to the fleet or other end users as rapidly and effectively as possible.Learn more about this agency
- You will initiate, manage and direct interdisciplinary systems engineering, research and development, and test and evaluation projects.
- You will work in conjunction with NAVSEA Engineering Directorate (NSED) Deputy Warranting Officers (DWOs) and Technical Warrant Holders (TWHs), in support of ship and submarine systems and subsystems.
- You will provide technical leadership, guidance and support to the cybersecurity research, development, test, and evaluation communities and direct operations research, cost effectiveness reviews, engineering studies, and requirements analyses.
- You will be responsible for management and direction of assigned personnel and resources to assure that requirements, policies, goals and objectives associated with cybersecurity technology development and capabilities are complied with or achieved.
- You will lead command-wide efforts to ensure Navy combat and weapon systems protect, monitor, detect, analyze, respond through disruption, degradation, deception, destruction and recover from unauthorized activity, vulnerabilities and cyber-attacks.
- You will interpret external or upper level management policy and directives regarding systems engineering, project management, and administrative functions in order to implement cybersecurity compliance across all Directorate areas of responsibility.
- You will manage the development and promulgations of internal policies, procedures, and standards for cybersecurity technology development and transition.
- You will coordinate cybersecurity initiatives and requirements with senior officials and participates in the formulation of overall policies, goals, and objectives for the Directorate and Command.
- You will function as an expert technical consultant with responsibility for cybersecurity technology development, and implementation supporting all Directorate technical and project areas in measuring accomplishments, results, and effectiveness.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614867900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.