This position is in the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN), Office of Coordinated Outbreak and Response Evaluation Network (CORE), Response Staff. The function of the Office is to strengthen and streamline FDA's approach to identifying, investigating, and responding to outbreaks of illness related to foods, dietary supplements, and cosmetics, and to analyze and address the root causes of those outbreaks to prevent future outbreaks.Learn more about this agency
- Collaborates with scientist and program consultants in order to conduct studies and projects to support multi- dimensional scientific or outbreak activities.
- Prepares factual reports documenting specialized findings and their impact on operations that are critical to the public health at large.
- Analyzes and reviews documents containing trade secret and/or sensitive information and proposes further investigations of any issues found.
- Reviews inspections reports, inspection data and analytical evidence or scientific and technical data for consideration of regulatory action.
- Communicates with Center for Disease Control and US Department of Agriculture regularly to plan, identify, and discuss potential food, dietary supplement, and cosmetic- related outbreaks and illness strategies.
- Works with senior scientists to prepare factual reports documenting specialized findings and their impact on operations that are critical to the public health at large.
- Aids in research using databases and existing literature to identify information that can be used for special studies, answer inquiries and produces reports critical to FDA's public health mission.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 25% for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614856400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.