This position is on a United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) State Conservationist Staff, located in a NRCS State Office, and is supervised by the Assistant State Conservationist-ProgramsLearn more about this agency
- Analyze problems associated with program delivery and recommend alternative solutions to state leadership.
- Provide leadership and oversight for all easement activities including tracking of easement program applications, eligibility, deeds, monitoring, compatible use agreements, appraisals, obligations and fund integrity.
- Manage contracts for outside services for the completion of Market Analyses and surveys of WRE areas of interest to determine appropriate easement compensation rates.
- Maintain and update NRCS agency manuals, handbooks, amendments, bulletins and other supporting policy related to easement programs.
- Develop and document state policy and procedure for efficient program delivery.
- Lead for the implementation of the Easement Programs tracking tool, including migration of older easements and management of future easements in accordance with National Office instructions.
- Conduct training for field office and partner staff related to easement process and procedure
- Interact closely and maintain partner relationships with established partners and continue working toward building additional partnerships across the state
- Conduct outreach activities for easement program opportunities. Provide partners/outside agencies with progress reports for state easement programs as requested.
- Interact with landowners/partners and provide expert guidance for easement enrollment opportunities
- Stay current with policies and procedures to ensure proper implementation of easement programs according to agency direction, and national guidance.
- Interact with a multi-disciplinary internal and external team to ensure key conservation priorities are integrated into easement programs
- Management of Easement case files as directed through National and local policy
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614828900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.