WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS/SELF EMPLOYED (SB/SE) DIVISION? The Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division provides examinations and taxpayer education services for about 7 million small businesses and upwards of 33 million self-employed and supplemental income taxpayers.Learn more about this agency
See Other Information for Locations
WHAT DOES A RO Function Automation Specialist DO? As a RO Functional Automation Specialist (FAS) you will serve as coordinator, information specialist, and reviewer for various automated systems (ATFR, IDRS, AMS, OL5081, PPS, and the Credit Browser) used by Field Collection. In this role you will provide technical advice to Revenue Officers, Group Managers and other collection employees in the use of various IRS applications and Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) automated programs for use in collection activities.
As a Revenue Officer (FAS) you will:
- Work as part of a team to support Field Collection group needs.
- Serve as a System Administrator for the Automated Trust Fund Recovery (ATFR) program as well as various local locator services including state and local government programs providing research access to available public records and other data.
- Review and approve requests for access to ATFR and local locator services on the OL5081 system, create user accounts, set appropriate access rights, conduct analysis and maintenance of user profiles, and provide user support on an ongoing basis.
- Provide new and refresher training, troubleshoot software / hardware problems, and resolve or elevate issues as necessary.
- Write training material, develop and maintain user guides, and job aids.
- Work closely with the Collection Automation Coordinator to communicate directives and s to Field Collection employees, prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports, and conduct required security reviews.
- Support the Collection Automation Coordinator, IQAs or other analysts as needed with the realignment of Field Collection, and CEASO groups (SB/SE Requests for Organizational Change (S-ROCs)).
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 01 to 05 Nights per Month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614817600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.