The ideal candidate for this position will possess the ability to provide Information Technology (IT) activities in support of regional and disaster operations. This position starts at a salary of $78,277 (GS-12). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Region VII team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as an Information Technology Specialist performing work that involves planning and implementing customer support services covering IT equipment, software, systems, interfaces, and networks. Typical assignments include:
- Providing hardware and software support organization wide regarding information technology.
- Appling Life Cycle Management principles during the installation and integration of fixes, updates, and enhancements to maintain systems configuration.
- Analyzing customer requirements and investigates and resolves hardware/software issues, taking necessary corrective actions to maintain reliable information architecture.
- Providing technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to customers regarding information technology hardware and software management issues.
- Working with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Providing IT services, systems administration, engineering review and compliance, and professional services to the mission of FEMA during normal day-today operations and under extreme disaster conditions.
- Participating in accomplishing technical, analytical, and advisory functions pertinent to the development of local policies, plans, and processes and ensuring that work accomplished is in compliance with higher authority policies and guidelines.
50% or less - Non-emergency travel up to 50% may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614780600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.