What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
This is an interdisciplinary position that can be filled as a Supervisory Hydrologist, or a Supervisory Ecologist.
This position requires completion of a one year supervisory/managerial probationary period, if one has not previously been completed.
Salary reflected is based on general schedule base pay scale. For locality pay information, click (here).
SUMMARY CONTINUED BELOW IN THE DUTIES SECTION:
The duty station of this position may remain that of the selectee or may be any USGS location that is agreed upon by the selecting official and the selectee. If the agreed upon location results in the relocation of the selectee, the travel, transportation, and relocation expenses are not authorized.
As a Supervisory Hydrologist or Supervisory Ecologist (Environmental Hydrodynamics Branch Chief) within the Earth System Process Division (ESPD), some of your specific duties will include:
- Serves as the senior scientist and manager of the Environmental Hydrodynamics Branch.
- Responsible for oversight and leadership of scientific and technical guidance in the areas of hydrodynamics and water quality in order to ensure the continued excellence of the Branch.
- Formulates policies and operations that support the decision-making needs of the Water Mission Area (WMA), Bureau and other Federal, State, Tribal, and local agencies.
- Develops and guides policy concerning the storage and dissemination of relevant WMA data and information to customers and stakeholders,
- Carries out supervisory/managerial duties effectively in order to support the Department of Interior and Bureau's capacity to manage its programs in a results-oriented, customer-focused and efficient manner.
- Operates a governmental owned or leased vehicle as an incidental driver.
Work is sedentary in nature. Occasional travel is involved
Work is performed in an office setting.
Occasional travel - Overnight travel of 1 - 5 nights per month may be required for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614766100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.