This Direct Hire recruitment is to fill positions based on a critical hiring need resulting from the outbreak and spread of the "Coronavirus Disease 2019" (COVID-19), which has caused a public health emergency. As such, all applicants who meet the OPM Mathematical Statistician Series requirements and the minimum specialized experience qualifications stated in this announcement will be referred to hiring managers for further consideration.Learn more about this agency
As a Mathematical Statistician you will:
- Modify established methods and apply modeling techniques and procedure in conducting analyses to improve sample surveys or experimental designs and to conduct evaluations of data collection, reduction, and processing.
- Collect, verify and adjust various health related information, (e.g., viral diseases, infectious diseases, etc.) expressed numerically and/or graphically.
- Use standard data collection statistical tools and methods to collect and analyze program specific related data using such analysis techniques as life table analysis, or actuarial methods, Bayesian approaches and mechanistic modeling.
- Apply mathematical techniques, and perform computerized analyses to determine the adequacy of collected public health data needed to resolve scientific problems, and modify existing techniques and practices to the applicable program.
- Design and perform computer simulations and write statistical computer programs/databases to identify scientific and/or health-related trends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position domestically approximately 5%.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614762900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.