THIS IS A PUBLIC NOTICE.
This position is located in GSA, Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), Technology Transformation Services (TTS), Office of Clients and Markets, 18F Division and is responsible for improving the public’s experience by helping federal agencies to make their services more accessible, efficient, and effective with modern applications, platforms, processes, personnel, and software solutions. The incumbent will direct and manage the work of assigned 18 F section.Learn more about this agency
This Public Notice is issued under direct-hire authority to recruit new talent to occupations for which there is a severe shortage of candidates. We have a severe shortage of qualified Information Technology Specialist applicants. To help us fill these jobs, we have been granted a “Direct Hire Authority” or DHA for IT Specialists. This means that when we have a vacant job, we can hire any qualified candidate, either from this notice or from any source. The benefit of submitting your materials for consideration via this notice is that your submission may be shared with other hiring managers if they request resumes from this notice.
Key facts about this DHA notice:
- TTS is seeking to fill a few PERMANENT appointments at the GS-15 level.
- Positions may be located in Washington, DC; San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY or Full-time Telework.
- Salary to be determined upon selection, depending on duty location.
- Full Time telework is negotiable after the selection (i.e., official worksite/duty location is the residence of the selectee).
- Current civil service employees will receive new appointments if selected under this Direct Hire Authority.
- Selectees will be contacted directly by Human Resources. No additional status notifications will be sent.
- Your application status will not change from "application received/in review" even after the public notice has closed.
- Once this DHA Public Notice closes, no additional selections can be made.
You must perform the following Major Duties utilizing expert level skill, mastery knowledge and significant IT experience:
Supervisory Duties, Organizational Leadership, and Coordinator of Work:
- Directs and manages the work of an assigned 18F Section. Develops work plans for approved goals and objectives; assures implementation of goals and objectives; and determines the best approach or solution for long range staffing needs.
- Communicates and plans work assignments with each staff member, in conjunction with the development of performance standards for critical job elements. Adjusts staffing levels or work procedures within assigned organizational unit(s) to accommodate resource allocation decisions made at higher echelons.
- Provides technical and administrative guidance to subordinate, reviews work for accuracy and compliance with instructions and policy, and recommends improvement of work methods.
- Observes and analyzes areas of individual performance deficiency and assists employees to improve performance and achieve quality work results. Recommends position structure, interviews, selects, and trains employees. Appraises and recognizes performance of employees, assuring reasonable equity of performance standards.
- Addresses work-related problems, counsels employees, and initiates disciplinary actions when necessary and ensures subordinates are aware of GSA/TTS policies, project goals, objectives and mission. Assures full integration of EEO principles.
- Maintains a work environment of respect, diversity, equity and inclusion, mutual support, flexibility, continuous learning, and commitment to business goals and customer needs to fulfill the TTS vision and mission.
Senior IT Expert and Provider of Strategic Leadership:
- Serves as an authority on a diverse range of highly technical and complex software and product issues, as well as more widespread issues affecting customer agencies’ missions. Keeps up to date with developments in the private sector; seeks out best practices;
- Applies technical expert IT and software knowledge to consult with and advise customer agencies in modern software development methodologies, tools, techniques, and ways of thinking to create enduring change and to spread the adoption and application of innovative IT tools and techniques throughout government.
- Examines policy issues and strategic planning with a long-term perspective. Determines objectives and sets priorities; anticipates potential threats or opportunities. Confers with key government and private officials and top experts in their field, representing GSA at technical symposia and conferences. Promotes 18F ways of working by making a strong case for iterative, accessible, user-centered design.
- Serves on agency, interagency, and technical society committees of national importance as a recognized authority in systems analysis. Monitors technical aspects of broad programmatic issues to ensure successful completion, recommending changes or IT solutions to problems or redirection of effort as required.
- Finds entrepreneurial and creative solutions to common large organization challenges, such as policy, budget, security, etc. with limited resources (e.g. time, technology support). Uses technical leadership, creativity, and judgment to develop, define, and modify digital projects and/or programmatic objectives, devising innovative ways to solve IT modernization problems of major importance to GSA, TTS, and agencies across the government.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614743700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.