About the Position: This is a permanent position with Headquarters, US Army Corps of Engineers, Directorate of Civil Works.Learn more about this agency
Management may select at any of the grade levels announced. This recruitment provides promotion opportunity to the target grade of the position without further competition when selectee is eligible and recommended by management.
NOTE: The actual duty station will be negotiated upon selection. Salary will vary depending on duty station location.
- Works under the general supervision of the Chief, Natural Resources Management branch for the Operations Community of Practice, Directorate of Civil Works.
- Serves as the Headquarters United States Army Corps of Engineers (HQUSACE) senior policy advisor for environmental compliance and sustainability program in Civil Works.
- Provides policy review and updates and strategic planning to include working with all Civil Works business lines and Military Programs to address environmental compliance and sustainability requirements.
- Establishes the direction, policy, technical guidance and reviews work of teams supporting assigned programs.
- Develops and tracks environmental policy and compliance with Federal laws at large water resource projects that support Hydropower, Flood Risk Management, Navigation and Recreation and Stewardship functions.
- Reviews controversial or highly significant policy issues and make recommendations to the Chief Natural Resources, Operations Community of Practice, the Director of Civil Works, and the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Civil Works.
- Develops and promulgates long term and annual program budget goals and objectives for assigned programs, consistent with agency and administration goals related to energy and water sustainability and environmental compliance.
- Represents the Natural Resource Program and Operations Community of Practice at conferences and various public, interagency, and congressional meetings.
- Develops training requirements for Environmental Compliance team members relating to key issues of assigned programs to include establishing, executing, instructing and monitoring programs to accomplish program goals and objectives.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel may be required 10% of the time to environmental compliance and sustainability requirements.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614687000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.