This position serves as a Statistician (Operations and Administration), located in the Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of the United States Trustees Program (USTP), Executive Office (EOUST), Management Operations (MO), Office of Planning and Evaluation (OPE), in Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
The United States Trustee Program (USTP or Program) is a litigating component of the Department of Justice (DOJ) whose mission is to promote the integrity and efficiency of the nation's bankruptcy system.
The duties and responsibilities for a 1530 Statistician (Operations and Administration) generally include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The incumbent formulates, amends, and verifies theoretical, statistical, and empirical models of analytical data related to bankruptcy programs and the national bankruptcy system.
- The incumbent conducts analyses and evaluations that support USTP mission activities and operations.
- The incumbent develops new, and reviews and updates existing, statistical sampling plans for various studies.
- The incumbent performs empirical research of issues and problems in the bankruptcy system.
- The incumbent collects and analyzes data to provide information for official publications about the bankruptcy system.
- The incumbent disseminates data and information to general audiences with little or no background in statistics or data science.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614642100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.