The position is located in the Office of Administrative Law Judges (OALJ) at the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The Administrative Law Judges (ALJs) hear cases involving unfair or deceptive acts or practices, including false and misleading representations, and unsubstantiated representations; and unfair methods of competition, including conspiracies in restraint of trade, price-fixing, and monopolization. The ALJs conduct trials and issue written orders and initial decisions after trials.Learn more about this agency
If selected for the Legal Administrative Specialist position you will perform the following duties:
- Perform detailed and accurate cite-checking and proofreading in conformity with Blue Book rules.
- Review and research citations to the record for textual reference and accuracy and review evidence and transcripts to proof and edit findings of fact.
- Prepare and/or review draft correspondence and routine orders.
- Proofread and edit correspondence, orders and initial decisions.
- Receive, review and distribute documents filed with the OALJ.
- File orders using the FTC electronic filing database.
- Maintain case files electronically and track assignments.
- Schedule official court reporting services for hearings before the OALJ.
- Prepare time and attendance records, travel, training and budget requests.
- Arrange for acquisition of office supplies and services.
- Maintain the network folder structure and pertinent logs of the OALJ administrative litigation filings.
- Establish, maintain, and close case files or systems of legal records.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614627900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.