WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENT (W&I) DIVISION?The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See Other Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A LEAD PRINTING SERVICES ASSISTANT DO? A Lead Printing Services Assistant serves as a work leader and provides leadership to a team of Printing Services Assistants. In this role, you will also perform work that is of the same kind as your team members while providing direction and guidance. You will be required to review completed work and provide on the job training to new employees in accordance with established procedures and practices.
As a Lead Printing Services Assistant you will:
- Distribute and balance workload among employees in accordance with established work flow or job specialization and assuring timely completion.
- Estimate and report on expected time of completion of work, maintain records of work accomplishments, time expended, and prepare production reports as requested.
- Instruct employees on specific tasks and job techniques and make available written instructions, reference materials, and supplies.
- Maintain a current knowledge and answer questions on procedures, policies, directives.
- Monitor working conditions such as seating, ventilation, lighting, and safety.
- Supervise the status and progress of work making day-to-day adjustments in accordance with established priorities, obtaining assistance from the supervisor on problems that may arise.
- Perform work in progress reviews and spot checks on completed work to see that work sequence, procedures, methods, and deadlines have been met.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614624500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.