This position is located in the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), Office of the Executive Director (OED), Office of the Administrative Services Officer (OCASO), Physical Security Branch (PSB). The incumbent reports to the Chief Security Officer (CSO) and is responsible for Physical Security Operations located at FTC Headquarters, Constitution Center and eight (8) regional offices nationwide.Learn more about this agency
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes the physical security measures designed to safeguard personnel; prevent unauthorized access to equipment, facilities, material and documents against espionage, sabotage, damage and theft as determined by the Chief Security Officer.
- Responsible for the execution of policies and procedures in support of physical protection of sensitive or classified information, personnel, facilities, resources, or processes against criminal, terrorist or hostile activities.
- Supports and assists the HSPD-12 Operations Manager with implementation of the Personal Identity Verification (PIV) cards, Facility Access Cards (FAC) temporary cards, and FTC Special Credentials for all FTC employees and contractors who require access to FTC buildings using the Physical Access Control Systems (PACS).
- Assists Protective Security Officers by enforcing and controlling the physical security access of employees and visitors to and from FTC buildings through policy and procedures.
- Coordinates with Personnel Security on individuals that have completed appropriate background checks and related approvals that have been properly identified prior to issuance of identity credentials.
- Conducts security risk assessments for all FTC facilities as directed by leadership in accordance with Interagency Security Committee (ISC) security and FTC requirements and makes recommendations on ways to improve physical security processes by analyzing and resolving physical security problems for FTC facilities. Completes written assessment memorandums as outlined by FTC policies and leadership direction.
- Supports the FTC Emergency Manager in the execution of real-world, contingency, and exercise events as they pertain to facility specific Occupant Emergency Plans, Continuity of Operations Plans, and other FTC specific emergency management plans. Schedules, audits, and records quarterly duress alarm testing, ensuring discrepancies are rectified per standing policies.
- Through coordination with applicable agency officials, manages security applications as they pertain to FTC controlled areas (i.e. data closets, switch rooms, etc.)
- Establishes, executes, and updates Standard Operating Procedures and Policies as they pertain to agency specific physical security activities, leveraging federal standards as applicable. Maintains and evaluates electronic and hardcopy security records and systems, analyzing and evaluating to identify potential or actual security breaches or vulnerabilities. Through detailed reporting, keeping leadership advised on such actions.
- Addresses electronic security system issues with assigned system contractors, ensuring completion of preventive maintenance and the timely and accurate repairs to security system equipment failures.
- Provides preliminary investigations into allegations of criminal conduct or criminal activities, prepares draft reports on security activities from the electronic security system to support investigative issues involving FTC personnel and/or property, and provides these reports to the Chief Security Officer.
- Process physical security related Freedom of Information Act requests as actioned by the FTC Privacy Office.
- Processes visitor, special event, ad hoc personnel, and after-duty hours access permit requests for National Capital Regional facilities.
- Performs as a Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) and Agency Technical Representative (ATR) providing operational guidance and contract monitoring to ensure that contractual requirements for contracts are fulfilled.
- Manages the FTC key program and associated electronic keying system (i.e. issuance, troubleshooting, retrievals, etc.).
- Provides on call security coverage for a wide range of security emergencies that may occur.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614571600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.