This position is located in the FTC Office of the Executive Director (OED), Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). OCIO oversees all IT services in support of the FTC's mission and strategic plan. Employee may act as a team leader, managing and monitoring several services that comprise an end-to-end customer experience and regularly solicits and reviews feedback and services to identify opportunities for improved customer satisfaction and compliance.Learn more about this agency
The employee captures business requirements, identifies solutions and researches researches controls that affect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of IT services and business requirements that affect the customer's satisfaction with IT services, develops multiple alternatives for management's consideration based on that research, makes a data driven recommendation, implements the recommended alternative, and maintains ongoing operations on approval from upper management. Alternatives can include actions that change current practices for strategy, acquisitions, budget, planning, governance or the technology itself that support an IT service and often encompass activities outside the immediate organization and outside OCIO. In addition, employee can develop alternatives in coordination with upper management that require anticipation of future FTC or government wide policies, procedures, and demands of lT services.
The employee implements a robust Identity Credential and Access Management (ICAM) program that meets mission functional requirements and security policy requirements for identity and access management to ensure secure required access to systems while enabling business objectives. Provides oversight on the application and enabling of ICAM and identify how it can enable secure access and sharing and how to best leverage available tools. Provides guidance to Authorizing Officials, System Owners, ISSOs, and security engineers to ensure compliance with ICAM security standards. Leads ICAM implementations to ensure compliance with functional and security requirements.
Determines system integration opportunities and coordinates and schedules security assistance visits for reviews and analysis of the physical and technical security of facilities in impacted jurisdiction to determine levels of efficiency, formality of operations, and compliance with applicable policies and program requirements. Ensures that findings and analyses are correct and based on sound reasoning, adequate documentation and correct application of established statutes and program regulations. Prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for improving technology adoption, customer satisfaction, and security compliance. Research, resulting alternatives, implementation, and ongoing operations of recommended alternative should reflect a level of attention to detail such that peers and supervisors can independently verify completion and thoroughness of completed work through use of FTC data such as that for budgets, acquisitions, governance, performance management, enterprise architecture, and customer feedback. Peers and supervisors within the immediate organization can use information discovered and shared through completed work to support quantitative trade off considerations for senior decision makers. Each proposed alternative should reflect a complete solution that can include but is not limited to:
- On the basis of general design criteria provided, develop and deploy modifications to parts of a system that required significant revisions in the logic or techniques used in the original development.
- Identification of system interrelationships to inform considerations for security and information management.
- Sequencing of activities necessary to complete implementation of any recommendation through consultation with peers and customers.
- Management actions that impact activities related to governance, budgeting, contracting and general resource allocation.
- Anticipation of industry trends that affect FTC and government wide policies and procedures related to IT service delivery ( ex: cloud services, data center consolidation, cybersecurity standards, government wide acquisition vehicles, FedEDRAMP, etc.).
- Anticipation of customer and usage trends inside and outside of the FTC that affect impact of IT services on the FTC mission based on the level of expertise demonstrated in the research, development of alternatives, and outcomes of the implementation, and anticipation of industry trends, the incumbent may be assigned projects that require coordination with senior agency officials across customer groups to better allocate budget, contract, and FIE resources in support of the FTC mission.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614560100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.