This position is located within the Research and Development Service Line at the Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital, Hines, IL. The primary purpose of the position is to provide procedural and administrative support and management for the Institutional Review Board (IRB) which reviews all research projects involving human subjects conducted by VA personnel at any institution.Learn more about this agency
***THIS IS NOT A VIRTUAL POSITION, YOU MUST LIVE WITHIN OR BE WILLING TO RELOCATE WITHIN A COMMUTABLE DISTANCE OF THE DUTY LOCATION***
Your duties can include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform pre-committee analysis of research proposals.
- Review submissions for completeness and proper content.
- Communicate to investigators any deficiencies found and direct them to correct submissions.
- Assist in assigning primary reviewers to studies for expedited review and create correspondence authorizing appropriate action.
- Create the agenda and prepare all submissions for meetings.
- Conduct file reviews ensuring appropriate approval documents have been completed and filed appropriately.
- Act as a liaison between reviewers and investigators to ensure and accomplish requested modification.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614559000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.