This position is located in the Office of the Executive Director (OED), Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). The Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) oversees all IT services in support of the FTC's mission and strategic plan.Learn more about this agency
If you are selected for this position, you will perform the following duties:
- Conduct research, analysis and perform project management to ensure systems meet business requirements, customer needs and ensure customer satisfaction with IT services and the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of IT systems and services.
- Works closely with business stakeholders to review and validate business requirements, ensure technical solutions meet business requirements, and oversee and manage the security compliance of systems.
- Ensures the successful implementation, operations and management, and functional performance of IT systems. Plan, coordinate, implement, and troubleshoot to ensure systems meet customer needs.
- Independently develop recommendations through use of FTC data such as that for budgets, acquisitions, governance, performance management, and enterprise architecture and can use research to support quantitative trade-off considerations for senior decision makers.
- Perform sequencing of activities necessary to complete implementation of any recommendations or process improvements through consultation with peers and customers.
- Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
- Promote awareness of system and security issues among management and ensuring sound security principles are reflected in organizations' visions and goals.
- Develop and implement programs to ensure that systems, network, and data users are aware of, understand, and adhere to systems and security policies and procedures.
- Participate in network and systems design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies for current systems and for future upgrades.
- Assess system and security events to determine impact and management of corrective actions implementation.
- Ensure the rigorous application of information security/ information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all IT services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614511000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.