The incumbent serves as a Health Systems Specialist and is assigned to the Medical Staff Office, which is under the Chief of Staff at a VA Medical Center (VAMC) and is responsible for conducting analytical reviews, managing and tracking data, and serving as an advisor to VAMC leadership on key processes related to the Credentialing and Privileging (C&P) program of the VAMC. This position is supervised by the C&P Manager.Learn more about this agency
Major Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and update of Focused Professional Practice Evaluations (FPPE) and Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluations (OPPE) monitoring systems in support of all divisions of the VAMC.
- Applies knowledge of the C&P process and knowledge of medical terminology, medical specialties and core privileges and procedures to serve as the first line reviewer of the facility's FPPE and OPPE forms, plans, and processes.
- Analyzes clinical evaluation plans to assure that they meet standards and are thorough and appropriate to measure and document the clinical competence of the Licensed Independent Practitioner (LIP).
- Is the lead consultant for the VAMC Report Card data related to the C&P Program.
- Conducts analytical assessments for program processes and procedures; and manages data collection and reporting outcomes.
- Applies technical skills to extract and analyze large datasets in a variety of formats (i.e. Access, Excel, Power Point, etc.), and manages and organizes information from various VA repositor to present data in reports and presentations to supervisors and managers.
- Identifies issues and recommends corrective actions to supervisor, VAMC leaders, or administrative support personnel as appropriate and estimates compliance timelines for resolution.
- Utilizes quantitative and qualitative skills to conduct healthcare provider industry analysis studies; assesses internal/external communication to identify substantive issues in meeting program requirements and makes adaptations or recommendations to larger internal processes/policy changes to supervisor.
- Evaluates Joint Commission standards, Federal and State Regulations, and new VA directives, memos, policies, notices and procedures and determines their impact on the FPPE and OPPE and other key components of the C&P program and makes recommendations for local process and policy changes to the supervisor.
- Implements tracking and monitoring systems for actions indicated by the Credentials Committee, such as licensed provider's exit review forms, Service Chief and supervisory requirements, state licensing board reporting requirements, and state licensing board reporting correspondences.
- Conducts audits on provider time-limited credentials, provider C&P two-part folders, the provider exit review monitoring system, privileging documents, the FPPE and OPPE tracking systems, credentialing program training requirements, telehealth providers monitoring system, and any Committee recommended actions.
- Manages special projects for new program initiatives and requirements and for process improvements and changes; provides data analysis support; leads in implementation practices and procedures.
- Performs other duties within the C&P program as assigned.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Health System Specialist (Credentialing and Privileging Analyst)/PD99877S
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614423700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.