This position is located in a Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) State Office. The NRCS mission is to provide resources to farmers and landowners to aid them with conservation. The incumbent serves as State Program Manager, with a primary purpose of providing field office and interagency support in the implementation of assigned financial assistance and easement programs.Learn more about this agency
INCENTIVES FOR HIGHLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MY BE CONSIDERED.
- Works in collaboration with landowner to provide detailed conservation system and practice implementation including conservation practice design, layout, construction, inspection and certification.
- Independently provides leadership with conservation planning of natural resources and other activities in cooperation with the Conservation District, tribes, and conservation partners to address resource concerns on private lands.
- Coordinates interagency delivery of conservation assistance to private landowners and others to sustain the health, diversity and productivity of the state's natural resources.
- Partners with other conservation entities to provide long-term commitment to the local, state and federal government conservation delivery system to help private landowners, communities and others conserve natural resources within the state.
- Maintains tracking of program applications and obligations using ProTracts, Document Management System (DMS), and related agency software and assists field and area office staff with training and use of ProTracts, DMS and related agency software.
- Provides training to all NRCS and cooperating agency employees through meetings, workshops, and onsite assistance to ensure effective and consistent delivery of assigned programs. Training is closely coordinated with partnering agencies.
- Principal NRCS contact for operational and contractual questions related to assigned financial assistance and easement programs to ensure that Field Offices receive consistent and timely information on updates to policy or implementation guidelines.
- Recommends and assists in the formulation and implementation of state policies related to assigned NRCS financial assistance and easement programs. The focus of this position is Farm Bill programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614415700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.