The incumbent serves as a Health System Specialist in the Office of the Director and performs duties directly contributing to the administrative management of a large multi-specialty Ambulatory Care Center (ACC). Is integrally involved in the facility administration operations and conducts special informational studies including data gathering, investigation, analysis, presentation, and dissemination.Learn more about this agency
Major duties include but are not limited to:
- Designs and conducts comprehensive management studies where the boundaries of the studies are extremely broad and difficult to determine in advance.
- Gathers and organizes narrative and statistical information using established methods, techniques, and precedents, such as questionnaires, interviews, review of databases, various Lean techniques, and comparisons of past, present, and related program functions.
- Applies analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations carried out by administrative or professional personnel or substantive administrative support functions.
- Provides technical expertise and completion of projects in the field of health care planning, capital asset planning, CBOC planning, and strategic management planning.
- Responsible for developing and executing studies comparing supply and demand gaps, as well as future projections of these gaps typically at ranges of up to 20 years.
- Participates in and makes recommendations concerning long-range planning activities such as the Facility Master Plan, Health Care Planning Model, and Strategic Capital Investment Plan.
- Makes decisions about which officials need to be contacted, what information needs to be obtained, and from whom in what format, and in what time frames.
- Develops options and recommendations for the Quadrad or proceeds independently to obtain the information necessary and provides the desired response based on the nature of the specific request.
- Performs a variety of special projects assigned, prepares reports and presents findings with detailed analysis to the Quadrad, VISN 10 leadership, and non-VA facility leadership that have partnered with the Department of Veterans Affairs, including academic affiliates.
- Corresponds with facility, VISN, and Central Office leadership on all issues related to facility planning; plays a leadership role in ensuring VISN and national initiatives are implemented at the facility level and communicates facility's priorities on behalf of facility leadership.
- Develops recommendations for improvements in program operations and to promote efficiency and cost savings.
- Participates in discussions, meetings, conferences, and conference calls with agency administrators, senior subject matter and technical personal, and other federal agency officials to secure and provide information.
- Lead administrative official in the planning, development, and implementation of the ACC's network of CBOCs designed to increase the accessibility to VA health care services for Veterans in rural, underserved areas of Ohio.
- Serves as a troubleshooter for sensitive management and operational issues and is expected to facilitate supervisory and line staff in the successful resolution of their conflicts.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Health System Specialist/PD03752-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614377500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.