The ideal candidate for this position will have experience identifying program or administrative improvements and/or to determine conformance to policies and procedures. This position starts at a salary of $64,649 (GS-11). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Logistics Management Directorate, Distribution Management Division team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will aid program officials on matters relating to the development, evaluation and implementation of programs or administrative activities. Typical assignments include:
- Providing day to day financial management and budget coordination for the organization.
- Assisting in the preparation of narrative and data collection for annual budget submissions, year-end and midyear reports, and other submissions as required.
- Preparing a variety of general correspondences and other documents.
- Serving as a point of coordination on human resource activities, including those associated with recruitment, reassignment, awards, performance appraisals and related matters.
- Serving as an office manager ensuring efficient operation of administrative systems and effective flow of action documents.
- Maintaining a document tracking system to ensure that deadlines are met and follows up to ensure that actions are completed.
- Serving as a timekeeper for the organization’s personnel and may serve as the alternate timekeeper for subordinate elements.
Occasional travel - Occasional nonemergency travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614327800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.