This position is located within the Durham VA Health Care System, in the Executive Office of the Chief of Staff. The primary purpose of the Ambulatory Care Operations Director - Group Practice Manager (ACOD-GPM) is to provide oversight and administrative management of all clinical care services within the Health Care System as it relates to access to care as applicable.Learn more about this agency
Major duties include but not limited to:
- Provides access related consultative services to the Medical Center, VISN and National leadership.
- Review and provide input on nationally issued regulations and policies for VA-wide implementation, utilizing local ACOD-GPMs and communication strategies.
- Coordinates and aligns system performance measures and goals with system needs and specific requirements of national or VISN cooperative efforts.
- Review and evaluate system-wide training plans to optimize local use.
- Work with Veteran Experience Advocates at the local VAMC to evaluate patient and family concerns regarding the access to services needed.
- Identify, define and prioritize customer service tools, process improvement and training opportunities that will support frontline employees in providing predictable, consistent and easy customer experiences for Veterans, their caregivers and survivors.
- Serve as supervisor for a unit engaged in clinic access and data analytics.
- Lead program planning and execution for VHA-approved program of clinic practice management at the VAMC level.
- Develop both long and short-term policies and plans for the VAMC.
- Ensure timely review, analysis, and adjustment of marketing strategies, plans, and programs with the marketing office to meet the organization's needs and the changing market conditions.
- Develop and maintain annual budget plan and staffing plans for outpatient care.
- Provide administrative management for ambulatory care clinical support services.
- Evaluate the performance of direct reports and initiate appropriate action in order to reward, guide, or provide counsel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm
Telework: Available as needed.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Supervisory Health System Specialist (GPM)/PD066670
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614270600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.