This position is part of the Office of Inspector General, GPO, Washington D.C.Learn more about this agency
GPO Remote Work Policy: GPO offers a flexible work arrangement in which an employee can work most or all time from a different geographic area. Remote workers must be able to perform duties on the date of their entrance on duty and/or the date of the telework agreement. Final pay will be determined upon selection with regard to locality pay and location of selectee. This position is not eligible for Remote work.
- Serve as advisor on all legal matters relating to the agency Inspector General management, legislative relations with Congress, and provides independent and confidential legal advice and assistance to the Inspector General .
- Review proposed and/or existing legislation, regulations, and guidelines relating to the operations of the agency and makes recommendations to the Inspector General on their efficiency, impact, and/or prevention of fraud, waste, an abuse.
- Recommend to the Inspector General legislation, policies, and directives on matters relating to (a) the promotion of economy and efficiency in agency programs and operations or (b) the identification and prosecution of participants in fraud abuse.
- Draft legislation, regulations, or directives recommended by the Inspector General. Subsequent to review of such current or proposed legislation, regulations or guidelines, ensure that IG Staff performs adequately in accordance with changes.
- Assist the Inspector General in developing legal strategies, and interprets the IG Act and the Inspector General provisions of Title 44 for use in sensitive and complex investigations.
- Conducts extensive independent legal research and analysis into the most complex and difficult questions of criminal, civil, and administrative law and procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614244500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.